Do you want to lose weight fast, but don’t know what to eat and what’s the perfect diet plan? Then the GM diet is the best for you because it is one of the most popular diet plans to lose weight.
GM diet is the popular weight loss diet because this diet helps to lose 10-17 pounds in 7 days. It helps you to lose weight by focusing on a specific food or food group each day of a week.
GM diet plan claims to promote weight loss in a week by burning calories without affecting energy levels. Because the GM Diet chart can include fresh fruits and veggies, which are low in calories, but high in water.
In this article, I will share How GM diet plan can help you lose weight and what to eat. Let’s have a look at the GM diet plan chart and its benefits.
What Are GM Diet And Does It Really work?
The GM diet also is known as the general motors diet. “It was introduced in 1985 by General Motors who along with the United states department of agriculture and food”.
They created a GM diet for their employees to improve their productivity by keeping them solid and fit and the result is impressive. They put their employees on the GM diet and get a better result.
Because it’s employees consumed low-calorie food groups on different days of the week. Because the GM diet triggered weight loss. It can improve weight loss in many ways.
Consuming a very low-calorie diet might work for weight loss, but they are tough to follow.
- Improve the Digestion: the GM diet plan contains dietary fiber vegetables and fruits, which improve digestion and bowel movement.
- Low In Calories: weight loss is calculated by the number of calories that we consume and the number of calories we burn daily. When we consume fewer calories than our body shifts to a negative energy balance. This makes us to lose weight fast.
- Good Detox: staying hydrated and consuming healthy food help in flushing out the toxins and make you healthy.
- Ignite Metabolism: the foods included in the GM diet plan can ignite the metabolism and keep the body in the fat-burning mode. But there is no scientific proof.
- Include Negative calorie foods: The negative calorie foods burn calories during their processing and digestion. This means our body lose weight by burning calories even when we eat. Here is the GM diet plan for weight loss
GM Diet Chart For One Week
Day 1 Of GM Diet
The day 1 as a fruit day which meant for detoxification. Because the detoxification can remove all the unwanted and toxic elements from the body.
So eat as many fruits throughout the day, like Orange, apple, berries, watermelon, and cantaloupes.
Drink 8 to 12 glasses of water during the day and keep your body hydrated. Here is the GM diet chart for day 1
- Breakfast: Few Berries, An apple, A glass of water
- Morning snack: Eat a bowl of cantaloupe and glass of water
- Lunch: Cup of watermelon and drink a glass of water
- Post Lunch snack: Eat an orange and a glass of water
- Dinner: Eat a cup of berries and cantaloupe and drink a glass of water
- Snack: half a cup of watermelon and drink 2 glasses of water
On day 2 consume all your favorite vegetables throughout the day.
It will help to build fiber intake in the body. But do not overcook the vegetables and avoid cooking oil.
- Breakfast: Take a cup of boiled potato and a glass of water
- Snack: take half cucumber with a glass of water
- Lunch: Take a cup of lettuce, bell peppers, asparagus, baby spinach with a glass of water
- Evening: Eat half a cup of baby carrots with lime juice and a pinch of salt and drink a glass of water
- Dinner: Eat a cup of green beans and blanched broccoli with a glass of water
- Snack: Eat cucumber and drink a glass of water
Day 3 combines the first two days of the GM diet. Eat the combination of vegetables and fruits throughout the day. It will give you the benefits of both fruits and vegetables and give you high fiber protein and nutrients.
- Breakfast: Eat half cup cantaloupe and drink 2 glasses of water
- Snack: Take a cup of pear with a glass of water
- Lunch: Take a cup of salad with 2 glasses of water
- Evening: Eat an orange, half a cup of cantaloupe and drink a glass of water
- Dinner: Eat a cup of salad with 2 glasses of water
- Snack: Eat pear and drink a glass of water
Day- is quite different from the other days consume bananas throughout the day with the milk. Take 2-3 bananas in one meal a glass of milk. You can also dink a banana shake
- Breakfast: Eat 2 bananas and drink a glass of water
- Snack: take a banana with a glass of water or drink a glass of banana, milkshake
- Lunch: Take a glass of milkshake or a bowl of vegetable soup
- Evening: Eat 2 bananas
- Dinner: Eat bananas with a glass of milk
- Snack: Drink a glass of milk
Day 5 Of GM Diet
This day is the feet for you as compared to the previous days. If you are vegetarian then have a bowl of brown rice for lunch, if you are the non-vegetarian than have a fish or chicken for lunch. the water intake on this day should be high and it will help you to drain out the uric acid from your body.
- Breakfast: Eat 3 tomatoes, half a cup of sprouts and drink 2 glasses of water
- Snack: take an apple with a glass of water
- Lunch: Eat half a cup of brown rice, sautéed assorted veggies/3oz fish fillet with 2 glasses of water
- Evening: Eat 2 tomatoes with a glass of water
- Dinner: Eat a cup of brown rice, half a cup of sautéed veggies, 1 tomato with 2 glasses of water
Day-6 Of GM Diet
This day is about eating grains with an unlimited quantity of vegetables and healthy portions of meat and grains.
- Breakfast: Eat cup boiled legumes and drink a glass of carrot juice
- Snack: Take a cup of boiled vegetables with 2 glasses of water
- Lunch: Eat half a cup of brown rice, a cup of veggies and a cup of veggies
- Evening: Eat cup cucumber slices with 2 glasses of water
- Dinner: Eat a cup of brown rice, chicken/cottage, half cup of veggies with 2 glasses of water
Day- 7 Of GM Diet
Finally, you made it to the last day of your diet plan. On this day eat as many vegetables, fruit juice, brown rice, But don’t compromise in your water intake.
- Breakfast: Drink a glass of apple or orange juice
- Snack: Take cup fruit salad with 2 glasses of water
- Lunch: Eat half a cup of brown rice, half a cup of sauteed veggies and drink 2 glasses of water
- Evening: Eat a few assorted berries, cup watermelon with 2 glasses of water
- Dinner: Eat a cup of GM soup with 2 glasses of water’
Benefits Of GM Diet Plan
Although there are no studies that have examined the GM diet, there’s some research on certain aspects of it. First of all, GM diet plans encourage an increased intake of fruits and vegetables that can help to lose weight.
This is because the vegetables and fruits that eat these healthy diet plans are low in calories and it can also create a greater calorie deficit to increase the weight loss.
According to the 2015 study, the people who consume the highest fruits and non-starchy vegetables have a lower risk of weight changes over a period of four years.
In addition, the diet which limits some foods and beverages intake will cause weight gain. For example, sugary beverages have been shown to contribute to weight gain.
Just like alcohol is also high in calories and it may also cause weight gain. Despite this, strict regulation is all about which foods are permitted on each day.
Gm diet also allows you to select your choice of meats, vegetables, and fruit, based on your personal preference. These things can make healthy diet plans to feel less restrictive.
There are several benefits of a 7-day diet plan for weight loss. So let’s have a look at these.
Eating More Fruits And Vegetables
One of the best health benefits of the GM diet plan is it contains fruits and vegetables as the primary food.
Vegetables and fruits suppress fat accumulation in the body because they are very low in calories. They are also high in fiber, which helps to make the people feel fuller for longer.
Fewer Added Sugars
The GM diet plan does not allow to consume added sugar in either form of beverages or foods, including alcohol. The people of the United States generally consume more sugar than is healthy.
According to one research diet which is high in added sugars will lead to many health conditions such as obesity, type 2 diabetes, and heart disease.
Also, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention say that limiting daily sugar intake can help to lessen the 10 percent of their total daily life calories.
Some other benefits of healthy diet Plans
The person who follows the GM diet Plan will also experience a variety of other impressive results such as:
- Healthy, glowing, and good looking skin
- Enhance mood
- Better digestion and also healthy metabolism.
- Curing of irritable bowel syndrome and also constipation.
Disadvantages Of GM diet Plan
GM diet is one of the popular healthy diet plans all over the world. But there are also many disadvantages of the GM diet that you need to look at also.
No Research Support
One of the biggest drawbacks of the GM diet is that there is no scientific research available that proves how well it works.
Besides the anecdotal evidence, there is actually nothing for the back up that claims this diet helps to lose weight. This 7-day healthy eating plan is not recommended by any registered dietitians or doctors and it is a fad diet.
Only the employees of General Motors follow this diet for the 7 days and they will shed their weight quickly. But the lack of scientific evidence will make the GM diet plan questionable.
While the GM diet claims to include negative calorie foods in your diet that will help you to burn more calories than they provide, but there is no evidence that can support this.
Though some foods of GM diet do not require more calories to digest these foods than others, the foods of GM diet still supply calories.
Lack Of Nutrients
The GM diet is also not well balanced and it may also lead to feelings of deprivation. The people who follow the GM diet also feel hunger on some, due to the varying amounts of the macronutrients it will provide.
Most of the day of this diet plan will provide relatively very low amounts of protein. GM diet is one of the severely restricted diets that is designed for quick weight loss.
It is not only very low in a calorie diet but this diet also forces the people who follow a diet to restrict the food groups like, protein and whole grains.
Whole grain is one of the good sources of dietary fiber, minerals, and vitamins. While the proteins will help to improve the satiety and also prevent muscle loss.
So, restricting these foods groups makes the GM diet highly imbalanced and also causes nutritional deficiencies.
Some other disadvantages
Some other disadvantages of the GM diet plans are:
- Poor physical performance during exercise
- Muscle weakness
Go ahead and try this GM diet plan and lose weight in 7 days. And if you like this post, please share this post with your friends on Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook and also comment below your opinion.